Sunday 10 July 2016

Renovation project - Gardening on a building site

Renovation project - Gardening on a building site

As most of the big jobs (those including rubble and wall demolition) have been completed and I already have my new plants it is time to concentrate on our garden, this is said in the very loosest of terms as currently there is a small patio, which is covered in rubble with some plants in the corner, but nonetheless it is my garden.
Gardening inn Brittany, France
The first job is to try our new trailer, there are a few problems but John soon sorts them out, well after we have tried every shop we can think of to buy a new bit, which is not actually needed, it just required a little brute force and persuasion.
But whilst we were out looking for the new trailer bit, I did manage to buy some geraniums and containers to fit on the window rails, so not a wasted trip.
The trailer is loaded up and John takes it to the tip, I have never driven with a trailer before and don’t really feel too comfortable about this.
This is a first for me; I am usually the one doing the tip runs with the car full. John returns and the guy at the tip recognised him from the last time we were here, not sure if that is a complement or not, to be known for being dirty with a car full of rubbish!
It takes a couple of trips but what a difference the trailer makes, not just to how much we can take but to the inside of the car as well.
Gardening in Brittany, France

Gardening in Brittany, France
Once emptied we add our new garden furniture and I plant some bulbs in a little corner next to the twig I bought, oops I mean next to the wisteria tree I bought (that still looks like a twig!)

Gardening in Brittany, France
I also plant up the window containers and hopefully by summer there will be an abundance of flowers trailing down. The wire holder for the containers did not fit properly but this only takes a few minutes of the grinder to get exactly what we want.

Gardening in Brittany, France

Gardening in Brittany, France

Gardening in Brittany, France
It may not be the best garden, it certainly isn’t the biggest or prettiest (yet), but it is mine and I feel ever so proud of it and before long the windows will look amazing.

Gardening in Brittany, France

8 comments:

  1. Ahh finally you are back I have been checking every day!! I am sure that you have been very busy and the results are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny
    thought you might like to know that wisterias take 7 years before they flower, so if you move again you like to take the plant with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no, I was hoping to have lots of flowers next year! but the man reason we have bought a wisteria is because we will have a large wall that I wanted covering, so even if it stays green it will still look better (I hope)

      Delete
  3. Glad to see you back Jenny, so you are doing it all again, I look forward to your daily blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, we had to be off line for a few weeks, it's good to be back :)

      Delete
  4. Its a pity that you are so far away( I live 70km south of Poitiers) otherwise I could have given you some planters and hanging frames for your windows. I used them at our last house but since having a new one built 7 years ago I haven't needed them but haven't the heart to take them to the decheterie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen that is so kind of you. I understand how you feel, I would not like to get rid of them either :)

      Delete