Monday 22 February 2016

Renovation project - I feel like I have been run over by a steam roller

Renovation project - I feel like I have been run over by a steam roller

See original image
Picture courtesy of http://www.memes.com/img/57986
This morning I wake up and feel like I have been run over by a steam roller, I'm not sure why, but I do not have the energy or will power to do anything, everything suddenly seems very overwhelming.

I have a couple of worries over family members and I can do nothing about it, I'm cold and we are living in a hovel.

I know I have my inside toilet again and this is wonderful, but for some reason today all I want to do is cry.

I have a letter from the local impots and I don't fully understand it, I can't remember which house it was delivered too as it had been shoved into a bag.

I have my tax to sort out, and this seems to be more difficult than usual, I have still not received anything from de-registering my business.

Everything is just a little to much today, John is busy working on the electrics and I am supposed to be decorating the rest of the living room, but I just can't bring myself to do it, and that familiar question keeps raising it's head, what the hell are we doing, and why are we doing it again.

These days hit you every so often and you will not be prepared for them. I know the feeling will pass but at the time, the world is not it's normal happy place.

I manage to work out what the problem is with the impot letter,, they want to know the details of the property so that the taxe d'habitation can be worked out. I can do this another day now that I know it is not essential.

I will contact a company to find out about my business, and tomorrow I will wake up full of beans, after all the chimney guy called to day to arrange to fit the new flue, so at least the house will be warm and start to dry out.


These days will happen, they don't last long and I will get over them, but when it is happening, that steam roller is not nice.

6 comments:

  1. Been there, done that and got several tee shirts. Hope you are feeling better once the chimney has been lined and you can use the stove again.

    I am off to the Drs tomorrow to see if there is a medical reason I am so tired or if it is, as one of my friends said, connected with the death of my son just before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thank you, I hope you are ok after your visit to the doctors, and I am so sorry too hear about your son, our thoughts are with you x

      Delete
    2. Jenny I ended up at hospital, my blood test was OK on 3 counts but not the fourth, spent 8 hours waiting to see a Dr. Eventually they let me home. I have to have a raft of tests but as an out patient. All to do with my heart which is not functioning as it should despite my pacemaker.

      Delete
    3. I so hope you improve soon, hopefully they will find the problem and fix it, we are thinking of you

      Delete
  2. Very good of you to share this. You and John are such dynamos, but human after all. We learn so much from you and your perspective. Thanks for your honesty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kiwi, glad we have helped you. We are human and sometimes a project like this, can really get you down. This is the bit the TV shows don't tell you about. But the bad times don't last long :)

      Delete