Wednesday 6 March 2013

Renovation project - the return


Renovation project - the return

Well that was the quickest 2 days in the history of man, we spend a bit more time with my daughter and the baby and do a bit more shopping, I buy a GCSE revision book for French, I think this maybe a little bit easier than some of the CD’s we have. I do highly recommend buying kids books to learn French as they are so easy, just wish I could go back and sit my O Levels again, think I’d be a genius now!

I make sure I get lots of nice photos before leaving.


Time to head for the airport and somehow our one bag has transformed in to 2 bags, but they do fit in to the little noddy car.

We have to stop for one more rubbish burger on the way (now I know why my weight goes back on whenever we go to the UK)

We sit in the airport at East Mids, there is no checking in if you only have hand luggage, East Mids is totally different to Dinard, here they don’t care about the size of your hand luggage (some of the people were trying to get suitcases on as hand luggage and nobody batted an eye) but are really strict on the liquids.

This is worth noting if we fly again, don’t take much out but bring lots back!!!!

When the gate opens we head over thinking we may be first in line, but we’re not the gate area is full!!!!! The queue is massive, and we start to wonder how the hell we are all going to fit on the little plane until we realise there are 2 flights, one to Dublin and one to France, it makes the wait more fun as people begin to realise they are in the wrong lines and every one swaps around.

We get back to France and head off for home, we are absolutely knackered when we get there, but it is so nice to be home, and yes we do really consider this to be home now.  I am emotionally exhausted as there is such a battle going on in my head and heart, I am so glad to be home but already miss my family so much, I did not realise it was possible to feel such strong conflicting emotions, maybe one day I will get used to it, I really hope so.

4 comments:

  1. I bet your glad to be back home as nice as it is to visit family, I am loving the new site, might get mine done sometime..Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz, Alyx is really good, and she isn't scared by technophobes like me lol

      Delete
  2. Hi, really enjoying your blog. It seems a lot of work but I have to admire your 'get up & go spirit!', not a day seems to go by without you are either doing some DIY or shopping for stuff. We've flown many, many times from East Mids and so far have never not seen them check baggage sizes, so I'm really surprised. I would advise you not to risk outsize baggage...I'd hate for you to get caught out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Davina

      it's dinard that check the weight, so we now go back to the UK with small bags lol

      do you fly to Brittany?

      Delete